La Bodega opened the doors with a mission to build bridges (not walls!) and bring people, art and ideas together to our Brooklyn community and beyond. We are committed to reaching out to underrepresented artists and providing a place to showcase their work.
Back by popular demand!! “PURO COLOR!” a color filled exhibition which promotes the talents of NYC artists of color who offer their unique perspectives through the use of colorful pigments. Curated by La Bodega Owner Miguel Ayuso.
*****This year we will be adding a video component with a screening curated by Tiffany Joy Butler and Hot Cabinet. Videos will be included in a special screening on the night of the opening and then be played on a continuous loop during the run of the exhibition on a monitor in the gallery space. To submit video please click HERE
November 1st – December 2nd, 2019
10/17 11:59:59 pm
La Bodega Gallery, 695 5th Ave Brooklyn, NY
NYC ARTISTS ONLY. ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 10/17 11:59:59 pm
How to apply:
1. Submissions must be via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We require you to upload 1 - 3 images, your CV, and artist statement. Submission does not guarantee acceptance into the exhibition, all entrants will be notified on October 24th, 2019
2. Cost of submission is $10 for up to 3 entries and $5 per every entry thereafter (maximum 5). It is a non-refundable fee and no changes of images can be made after you submit. Your submissions do not guarantee inclusion into a show.
3. Your JPEGs data files must be labeled: First name Last
name_Title of the piece_Medium_Height x Width in inches.jpg making sure that underscores go between your name and the name of the piece: (Jane Doe_Self-Portrait_Oil_32x40in.JPG).
Artwork Submissions- Things to include:
-Art work images (Correctly Labeled)
-Image list with a short description of each image (please also include dimensions & medium)
-Submission Fee ($10 via paypal email@example.com or via Venmo @LaBodega-Gallery)
Types of art accepted
4. All two-dimensional work including photography, paintings, drawings, digital, mixed media, fabric art, chalk, ink, pastels, wax, graphite and printmaking. Essentially, if we can hang it on a wall, we will consider your art for acceptance. We will also accept free standing sculptures and small sculptures that can fit on a pedestal. The maximum size for each piece submitted needs to be less than 40 inches on the longest side. Video work is accepted, To submit video please click HERE.
Shipping + presentation
5. If your submission is accepted, you will be notified with information for drop off or shipping your artwork(s) to the gallery. Please take care to ship your artwork carefully with padding and in ther event that it does not sell we will return it to you in the same box with the same padding. Artist is responsible for shipping cost both to/from the gallery (in the event the. work does not sell). The return postage can be a label or a bill of lading from either UPS, Fedex or UPS included with your artwork.
6. All artwork must be received at least 4 days before the art reception.
7. All works must be prepared and ready to hang.
8. La Bodega Gallery retains the right to represent an artist in a sale of the artwork that was accepted and exhibited for the duration of the exhibition. All artworks will be offered for sale. The gallery takes a 50% commission on all sales.
9. Accepted entries are represented by La Bodega Gallery for the duration of the exhibition, and artworks will be promoted on our website and other social media.
Gallery installation rules
10. La Bodega Gallery reserves the right to refuse to hang an artwork or exhibit it if it is radically different from the image that was submitted.
11. Artist maintains copyright.