La Bodega Gallery is currently accepting submissions for the second annual patterned themed exhibition.
"RE: RE: patterns" will feature artists who have aesthetically or conceptually incorporated patterns and/or repetition into their art practices. This exhibit focuses on stylistic varieties of repeating art elements that drive toward movement, harmony and unity.
For this open call we are inviting both emerging and established artists who work with patterns in a multitude ways, work can utilize any medium and/or technique to create works that explore a myriad of subject matter.
RE:RE: patterns will be exhibited from September 7th thru 26th. The opening reception will take place on September 7th from 7-10 All attendees of the opening will be asked to wear patterns, the more the better!!
This exhibition is open to any artist, anywhere.
How to apply:
1. Submissions must be via email at email@example.com. We require you to upload 1 - 3 images, your CV, and artist statement. ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY August 12th at 11:59pm EST. Submission does not guarantee acceptance into the exhibition, all entrants will be notified on August 12th, 2018
2. Cost of submission is $15 for up to 3 entries and $5 per every entry thereafter (maximum 5). It is a non-refundable fee and no changes of images can be made after you submit. Your submissions do not guarantee inclusion into a show. The decision to accept entries into a show is based solely on the Gallery. Your submission must accompany online payment using Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org or Venmo @labodega-gallery or it will not be considered.
3. Images should be max 2 MB.
4. Your JPEGs data files must be labeled: First name Last name_Title of the piece_Medium_Height x Width in inches.jpg making sure that underscores go between your name and the name of the piece: (Jane Doe_Self-Portrait_Oil_32x40in.JPG).
Types of art accepted
5. All two-dimensional work including photography, paintings, drawings, digital, mixed media, fabric art, chalk, ink, pastels, wax, graphite and printmaking. Essentially, if we can hang it on a wall, we will consider your art for acceptance. We will also accept free standing sculptures and small sculptures that can fit on a pedestal. Video work is accepted, La Bodega will provide the monitor and the media player. For this we require images taken from of all sides/angles. The maximum size for each piece submitted needs to be less than 48 inches on the longest side.
Shipping + presentation
6. If your submission is accepted, you will be notified with information for drop off or shipping your artwork(s) to the gallery. Please take care to ship your artwork carefully with padding and we will return it to you in the same box with the same padding. In the event the work does not sell the artist is responsible for the return postage which can be a label or a bill of lading from either UPS, Fedex or UPS included with your artwork.
7. All artwork must be received at least 3 days before the art reception.
8. All artwork must be labeled on the back with the artist’s name, and name of piece. Include your price list with your shipment.
9. For gallery exhibitions all prints must be framed and we reserve the right to refuse to hang a piece of art that is not properly presented.
10. Damage to artwork or framing is not the responsibility or liability of the gallery. We care about your artwork and take great measures to ensure it is handled properly, but cannot accept liability. PLEASE PACKAGE YOUR ARTWORK CAREFULLY.
11. La Bodega Gallery retains the right to represent an artist in a sale of the artwork that was accepted and exhibited for the duration of the exhibition.
12. All artworks will be offered for sale. The gallery takes a 50% commission on all sales.
13. Accepted entries are represented by La Bodega Gallery for the duration of the exhibition, and artworks will be promoted on our website and other social media.
Gallery installation rules
14. La Bodega Gallery reserves the right to refuse to hang an artwork or exhibit it if it is radically different from the image that was submitted.
15. All works must be prepared and ready to hang or will not be accepted.
16. Artist maintains copyright.
17. All entrants grant La Bodega Gallery the right to use or publish images of their work to promote the art exhibits, future call for entries, videos, or the art galleries. All accepted entries will be placed on this website or blog and other social media sites.
18. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered.