La Bodega Gallery is accepting curatorial proposals for solo or group show exhibitions. We are very open to all types of work and different ways of utilizing our space, we are looking for exciting new artists/curators to join our growing community.
We select one proposal for an exhibition every 3-4 months. The next selection from curatorial proposals will take place in Spring 2019.
This open call will be ongoing with 3 - 4 exhibitions per year selected from exhibition proposals (dates dependent on programming). If your exhibition proposal is not selected for the next exhibition it will remain eligible for the next 2 exhibition selections. Each selection will be done by a different artist/curator selection panel that includes artists and curators who we have worked with in the past.
****If your proposal is NOT selected the first time you apply you will be notified . After your first notification you will only be notified if you are selected by a future selection panel. (This is done so you don’t get a rejection email in your inbox out of the blue)
PLEASE READ REQUIREMENTS BEFORE APPLYING
How to apply:
1. Submissions must be via email at email@example.com . We require an exhibition proposal summary (250 word max) of the show you hope to bring to our space. The proposal must be accompanied by work samples from artist or artists in the proposed exhibition. Please include the CV of the person proposing exhibition with the submission.
2. Include up to 10 images. Images included do not need to be the artworks which will be included in the exhibition but will serve as examples of the kind of work that will be in the show. Images should be max 2 MB.
3. Your JPEGs data files must be labeled: EXHIBITION TITLE_NAME .jpg making sure that underscores go between exhibition titled and your name. Please include a description of each image you include with your proposal.
4. No changes of images can be made after you submit. Your submissions do not guarantee inclusion into a show. The decision to accept entries into a show is based solely on the Gallery. Your submission must accompany online payment using Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org or Venmo @labodega-gallery or it will not be considered. Cost of submission is $30. It is a non-refundable fee.
Things to include:
- Exhibition proposal summary
-Up to 10 images
-Image list with a short description of each image
Types of art accepted
5. We are open to showing most types of work including immersive installation, two-dimensional work including photography, paintings, drawings, digital, mixed media, fabric art, chalk, ink, pastels, wax, graphite and printmaking. We will also accept free standing sculptures and small sculptures that can fit on a pedestal. Video art is accepted but the artist may need to supply their own monitors depending on their exhibition needs.
6. If your submission is accepted, the curator is responsible for the shipping to/from the space for all work in the show.
7. Installation of the artwork will take place the week prior to the exhibition. There will be an coordinator/installer onsite during installation.
8. Damage to artwork or framing is not the responsibility or liability of the gallery. We care about your artwork and take great measures to ensure it is handled properly, but cannot accept liability.
9. La Bodega Gallery retains the right to represent an artist in a sale of the artwork that was accepted and exhibited for the duration of the exhibition.
10. All artworks will be offered for sale. The gallery takes a 50% commission on all sales made or promised during the exhibition.
11. Accepted entries are represented by La Bodega Gallery for the duration of the exhibition, and artworks will be promoted on our website and other social media.
12. Artist maintains copyright.